Thursday, February 23, 2017

Lucky Star Konata 3-D paper diorama

I just finished watching Lucky Star and I was compelled to create this 8x8 3-D paper diorama featuring my favorite character in the show, Konata.  If you have never watched Lucky Star, The best description of this show is that it's Anime's response to Sienfeld.  Just watch a scene and you'll understand.



Including this piece, I now have a total of 25 8x8 3-D paper dioramas, 49 6x8 3-D paper dioramas, and over 200 matted silhouettes that will be at my booth at Con-Nichiwa in March!  I think that's quite an accomplishment knowing that each piece was cut, glued, and framed by hand.  I still want to create a large 10x13 silhouette mash up piece featuring all of the girls from Lucky Star for Con-Nichiwa and I want to create a few more Harry Potter pieces for my booth at Phoenix Comicon.